5 WINTER DESSERT IDEAS
1. EASY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
2. CARAMELISED BANANAS AND ICE CREAM
3. BAKED RICE PUDDING
Another easy recipe with pantry staples; rice, cream, sugar and butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook rice for 5 minutes and drain. Rinse under running water and set aside to drain.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, cream, vanilla, zest and cinnamon. Bring mixture to a boil and stir. Turn off heat and stir in butter and sugar. Let mixture cool for 15 minutes.
- Add the rice to the milk mixture and pour into a baking dish. Cover with foil and bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Stir the mixture after 45 minutes. Serve warm.
5. QUICK APPLE CRUMBLE
Everyone’s favourite, a quick and easy apple pie.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Combine apples, juice, sugar and water in small saucepan over low-medium heat. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until apple is slightly softened.
- To make the crumble, combine the flour, sugar, oats and butter in a bowl. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Transfer apples into a 3 cup-capacity ovenproof dish, draining off most of the liquid. Sprinkle crumble mixture over the apples. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with ice-cream or whipped cream.
Interested in giving Woop a try?