HOW TO COOK SALMON FILLETS
There are two tried and true methods for cooking salmon – in the oven, or in a pan. We share our tips for cooking salmon both ways – then it’s up to you to decide.
- Salmon steak, skin on
- Oil of your choice
- Heat your oven to 200 degrees in a shallow baking dish with foil.
- Rub the salmon fillet with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- When the oven is up to heat, place the salmon skin side down on the baking dish. Cook for 8 minutes and then check the salmon. The salmon should still be slightly pink in the middle and spring back slightly when pressed.
- Start with a good quality salmon fillet that has bright flesh with shiny skin. Dry it by patting with a paper towel and season well on both sides.
- Preheat oil in a hot pan until lightly smoking.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and lay the salmon skin side down in the pan.
- Press the salmon down to ensure the entire surface makes contact with the pan. After a few minutes when the skin is nice and crisp, flip the salmon. It should be easy to lift up and flip.
- Cook it for another minute on the other side.
- Rest the salmon for a few minutes and then dig in – salmon should be slightly pink inside.
Interested in giving Woop a try?