We, Woop Ltd, want to give you the best Woop experience possible. We use the personal information you share with us to make our products and services and your experience even better.
This privacy statement aims to give you a clear view of how we use personal information that you provide, our dedication to protecting it, your rights and the options you have to control your personal information and protect your privacy.
It also outlines what personal information we collect about you when you visit our website, email us, or speak to one of our representatives, how we use your personal information and the third parties we will share it with.
We use personal information for various purposes, as described in detail below.
We know that how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information is important to you, and we value your trust. That’s why protecting your information and being clear about what we do with it is a vital part of our relationship with you.
Postal: 1A Porters Ave, Eden Terrace, Auckland 1024
Phone: 09 283 0400
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information is defined in the Privacy Act as information about an identifiable individual (a natural person as opposed to a company or other legal entity).
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information we collect will vary depending on the nature of your dealings with us. We only collect personal information that is necessary. Where reasonable and practicable, we will collect your personal information directly from you and inform you that we are collecting it.
We mainly collect personal information directly from you, for example:
- Over the telephone e.g. when you contact our staff or our staff contact you;
- Through SMS;
- Through one of our digital platforms such as our website, Facebook or Instagram;
- Face to face at an event (such as food shows or corporate events);
- When you email or write to us; or
- When you participate in a marketing campaign, competition, or promotion (or a similar event) administered by us or a third party affiliate.
If it is not obvious that we are collecting personal information from you, we will do our best to make it clear to you so that you are always aware when information is being collected.
Generally, the types of personal information we collect, and hold include your:
- Date of birth
- Contact details (such as your email address, physical address, postal address, phone number)
- Product purchase history
- Details of your enquiry and any correspondence we have had with you
- Demographic data
- Payment details
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
If you are visiting us through one of our digital platforms, then we collect information about your use and experience on these by using cookies. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your device. They can record information about your visit to the website, allowing it to remember you the next time you visit and provide a more meaningful experience.
The cookies we send to your computer, mobile phone or other device cannot read your hard drive, obtain any information from your browser or command your device to perform any action. They are designed so that they cannot be sent to another site or be retrieved by any non-Woop website.
When you interact with us through our digital platforms, the information collected through the cookies may include:
- The date and time of visits;
- Website page (or pages) viewed;
- The website from which you accessed the internet and our website or other digital platform;
- How you navigate through the website and interact with pages including any fields completed in forms and applications completed (where applicable);
- Information about your location;
- Information about the device used to visit our digital platform; and
- IP address (or addresses), and the type of web browser used.
We will not ask you to supply personal information publicly over any social media platform that we use. Sometimes we may invite you to send your details to us through a private message, for example, to answer a question. You may also be invited to share your personal information through secure channels to participate in other activities, such as competitions, but we would require your express consent prior to us including you in such activities.
A bot is a piece of software that is programmed to do certain tasks, such as responding to certain phrases with programmed responses. A bot acts in accordance with its instructions, imitating a human user’s behaviours, but without a human behind it. When you talk to a bot from a third-party platform such as Facebook Messenger, our third party service providers will temporarily store and analyse your conversation so that the bot can talk back to you.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal information you provide to us may be used to:
- Check whether you are eligible for the product(s) offered by us;
- Facilitate the delivery of the product(s); and/or
- Provide you with further information about our other products or services
- Improve our product or services: we will use the personal information we hold about you (as well as pseudonymised or anonymised information generated from your personal information) to carry out analysis and research, including:
- data science/analytics, whereby we combine information (such as personal information and/or sensitive personal information we have obtained from your browsing history) we hold on a large scale in order:
learn more about our customers and their preferences;
to identify patterns and trends amongst our customers;
enhance user experience on our websites;
provide information, content and offerings tailored to our customers' needs;
for general research and statistical purposes; and
for aggregated reporting purposes within the Woop business;
develop new products and services;
monitor performance of our products and services and/or improve our technology;
to be able to send you personalised marketing messages;
to display online ads to you.
- Create your profile in accordance with your preferences in order to provide you with the best personalised experience, to send you personalised marketing messages and newsletters and for opinion research purposes.
- Re-targeting: our websites use re-targeting technologies.
- Ads: we also work with non-Woop companies who use tracking technologies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect personal information about your visits to our websites and your interaction with our communications, including advertising.
We also have an obligation to maintain personal information to disclose to regulatory and similar bodies - see “Disclosure of your personal information” below. These bodies have a legal right to such information.
STORAGE AND PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may electronically record and store personal information which we collect from you. When we do so, we will take all reasonable steps to keep it secure and prevent unauthorised disclosure.
However, we cannot promise that your personal information will not be accessed by an unauthorised person (e.g. a hacker) or that unauthorised disclosures will not occur.
Some information we hold about you will be stored in paper files, but most of your information will be stored electronically on physical hard drives and on the cloud, by cloud service providers – see “Cloud-based service providers” below.
We use a range of physical and electronic security measures to protect the security of the personal information we hold, including:
- Access to information systems is controlled through identity and access management;
- Our buildings are secured with a combination of locks, monitored alarms and cameras to prevent unauthorised access;
- Employees are bound by internal information security policies and are required to keep information secure;
- When we send information overseas or use service providers to process or store information, we put arrangements in place to protect your information;
- We regularly monitor and review our compliance (and our service providers’ compliance) with internal policies and industry best practice.
CLOUD-BASED SERVICE PROVIDERS
We use third party service providers to store and process most of the information we collect. We use Amazon Web Services cloud servers and Dropbox Cloud servers. We ensure that our cloud-based service providers are subject to appropriate security and information handling arrangements and that the information stored or processed by them remains subject to confidentiality obligations.
IF THERE IS A PRIVACY BREACH
We work hard to keep your personal information safe. However, despite applying strict security measures and following industry standards to protect your personal information, there is still a possibility that our security could be breached. If we experience a privacy breach, where there is a loss or unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information that is likely to cause you serious harm, we will, as soon as we become aware of the breach:
- Seek to quickly identify and secure the breach to prevent any further breaches and reduce the harm caused;
- Assess the nature and severity of the breach, including the type of personal information involved and the risk of harm to affected individuals;
- Advise and involve the appropriate authorities where criminal activity is suspected;
- Where appropriate, notify any individuals who are affected by the breach (where possible, directly);
- Where appropriate, put a notice on our website advising our clients of the breach; and
- Notify the Privacy Commissioner.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to others outside Woop where:
- It is necessary to enable us to achieve the purpose that we collected the information for;
- We are required or authorised by law or where we have a public duty to do so;
- You have expressly consented to the disclosure or your consent can be reasonably inferred from the circumstances; or
- We are permitted to disclose the information under the Privacy Act 2020.
PARTIES WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO
Your personal information may be used by us for the purpose of providing advice and services to you and may also be used by agencies such as, but not limited to:
- Any out-sourced service provider who assists in the services we are required to carry out such as our delivery partners, auditors and external compliance reviewers;
- Our external dispute resolution service;
- The Office of the Privacy Commissioner;
- Credit reporting and debt collecting organisations.
- Partner data agencies for the purpose of marketing analytics
If we don’t need to share your information with a third party in order to provide products to you, we will not pass on your information to them without your consent.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
In addition, we have no knowledge of (or control over) the nature, content, and availability of those websites. We do not sponsor, recommend, or endorse anything contained on these linked websites. We do not accept any liability of any description for any loss suffered by you by relying on anything contained or not contained on these linked websites.
RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request access to and correct your personal information. You can do so by contacting our Privacy Officer by one of the options below:
Postal: 1A Porters Ave, Eden Terrace, Auckland 1024
Phone: 09 283 0400
When you contact us with such a request, we will take steps to correct your personal information, provide you with access to your personal information and/or otherwise address your query within a reasonable period after we receive your request. To protect the security of your personal information, you may be required to provide identification before we update or provide you with access to your personal information.
In processing your request for access to your personal information, a reasonable cost may be charged. This charge covers such things as locating the information and supplying it to you.
There are some circumstances in which we are not required to give you access to your personal information. If we refuse to give you access to your personal information, we will let you know our reasons, except if the law prevents us from doing so.
If we refuse your request to correct your personal information, you also have the right to request that a statement be associated with your personal information noting that you disagree with its accuracy.
If we refuse your request to access or correct your personal information, we will also provide you with information on how you can complain about the refusal.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE US YOUR INFORMATION?
If you do not provide information we have requested, you may be unable to purchase products for which the information is required. Please ask us if you are unsure what information is important and how this might affect you.
If you are concerned about how your personal information is being handled or if you feel that we have compromised your privacy in some way, please contact us at:
Attn: WOOP Privacy Officer
Postal: 1A Porters Ave, Eden Terrace, Auckland 1024.
Ph: 09 283 0400
We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days of its receipt. We will let you know if we need any further information from you to investigate your complaint.
We aim to resolve complaints as quickly as possible. We strive to resolve complaints within five working days, but some complaints take longer to resolve. If your complaint is taking longer, we will let you know what is happening and a date by which you can reasonably expect a response.
If you are not satisfied with our response to any privacy related concern you may lodge a complaint on the Privacy Office website (www.privacy.org.nz) or send a complaint form to the Privacy Commissioner at:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
P O Box 10-094
Wellington 6143, New Zealand
Fax: 04- 474 7595
Telephone: 0800 803 909