Covid-19 and the steps we're taking
Updated on 31/03/2022
COVID-19 AND THE STEPS WE'RE TAKING
As the Omicron outbreak progresses we wanted to let you know what steps we are taking at Woop to keep our team and customers safe, and to minimise disruptions to your service.
Woop has been classified as a Critical Service, which means we are able to bring our team members who have been identified as close contacts back to work sooner and keep people well on the job with rapid antigen testing.
We are also working closely with our suppliers and delivery providers to maintain as much continuity of product and service as possible.
We are committed to looking after our community in these challenging times and are meticulously focused on the safety of our customers and staff. Below is an outline of the steps we are taking.
Food safety and cleanliness has always been paramount at Woop. Along with following our existing MPI Food Control Plan here are the additional measures we have taken:
1. Reinforced the Ministry of Health's guidelines around regular hand-washing with our team.
2. Implemented additional personal protective equipment for our team assembling each food box.
3. Implemented heightened facility sanitation practices across the business.
4. Completing a health screening of each team member prior to them starting work, including confirming no one in their household is unwell or in isolation.
5. Implemented an additional leave scheme so that team members will still be paid if they are not able to attend work.
6. Rapid antigen testing of close contacts before they can return to work. Close contacts will be tested daily until their isolation period is complete.
To keep our customers and couriers safe we have taken the following precautionary measures:
1. Implemented no-contact deliveries with our couriers. If you are home when the driver arrives they will place the box down, stand 2m back from the door and ask for your full name and record this on their devices (rather than you signing). If you are not home your Woop Box will be left as per your delivery instructions or at the front door. You can update your delivery instructions by emailing us before Thursday morning.
2. Courier drivers are sanitising their vehicles with increased frequency.
CHANGES TO THE SERVICE WE OFFER
Like many businesses, we want to be able to continue delivering our service & support our members during this unpredictable Omicron period. We are focused on ensuring all customers receive their Woop box each week.
We’re currently experiencing a higher rate of team member absences than usual, which impacts our ability to produce the full range of meal boxes we usually offer. We have taken the decision stop offering the Foodie Box with 5 recipes for the next few weeks starting with deliveries from 13/14 March. We will automatically change the orders to the Foodie box with 4 recipes per week until we are able to offer the 5-recipe option again. The Foodie box with 5 recipes option will restart from 1st May.
We are lucky in New Zealand to have some of the best quality ingredients and we are proud to have a strong relationship with our suppliers that have a real focus on food safety. Additionally, our direct relationship with local suppliers means there is much less food handling than in a traditional store and supply chain.
With the increased demand that we are experiencing we will do everything possible to deliver within our current delivery windows however we ask for your patience and understanding if your delivery arrives later than usual.
Our incredible Customer Experience team is here to answer any questions you might have so please get in touch. Email us at email@example.com or call 09 283 0400.
Stay safe and healthy,