COVID-19 AND THE STEPS WE'RE TAKING
With the government's latest update on COVID-19 we wanted to reassure you that Woop is classified as an Essential Service and will continue to operate at all alert levels, and deliver weekly Woop Boxes.
We are committed to looking after our community in these challenging times and are meticulously focused on the safety of our customers and staff. Below is an outline of the steps we are taking.
Food safety and cleanliness has always been paramount at Woop. Along with following our existing MPI Food Control Plan here are the additional measures we have taken:
1. Reinforced the Ministry of Health's guidelines around regular hand-washing with our team.
2. Implemented additional personal protective equipment for our team assembling each food box.
3. Implemented heightened facility sanitation practices across the business.
4. Completing a health screening of each team member prior to them starting work, including confirming no one in their household is unwell or in isolation.
5. Implemented an additional leave scheme so that team members will still be paid if they are not able to attend work.
To keep our customers and couriers safe we have taken the following precautionary measures:
1. Implemented no-contact deliveries with our couriers. If you are home when the driver arrives they will place the box down, stand 2m back from the door and ask for your full name and record this on their devices (rather than you signing). If you are not home your Woop Box will be left as per your delivery instructions or at the front door. You can update your delivery instructions by emailing us before Thursday morning.
2. Courier drivers are sanitising their vehicles with increased frequency.
We are lucky in New Zealand to have some of the best quality ingredients and we are proud to have a strong relationship with our suppliers that have a real focus on food safety. Additionally, our direct relationship with local suppliers means there is much less food handling than in a traditional store and supply chain.
With the increased demand that we are experiencing we will do everything possible to deliver within our current delivery windows however we ask for your patience and understanding if your delivery arrives later than usual.
Our incredible Customer Experience team is here to answer any questions you might have so please get in touch. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 09 283 0400.
Stay safe and healthy,